Search for content in message boards

Forsyth, Lehew, Thompson, and Cottrill

Replies: 0

Forsyth, Lehew, Thompson, and Cottrill

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 6:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2012 7:28AM GMT
Surnames: Forsyth, Lehew, Thompson, Cottrill
I'm attempting to follow a passed down family tale that my Forsythe family from Warren County, Virginia is somehow related to the Cottrill family.

Sarah Lee Forsythe, 1832-1899 born in Warren County, Va. Daughter of William Forsyth (1794-1855) and Mildred Jones they are listed on the 1850 Warren County Census.

17 March 1865 Hagerstown, Maryland, Miss Sarah Lee Forsyth of Warren County, Virginia marries Mr. Joseph S. Thompson of Baltimore.. They lived in the Forks area of Warren County from 1865 untill 1879. They had 2 children Thomas J. Thompson 1867 and Minnie S. Thompson 1873.

William Forsyth was born 1794 in PWC, VA. His parent's were William Forsyth and Sarah Jackson married 1784 PWC, VA.

Their daughter Sarah Forsyth born 1803 PWC died 1865 Page, Virginia. Married Abner Lehew

Bride's Name: Sarah Forsyth Marriage Date: 16 Jan 1824 County: Shenandoah State: Virginia.

I came across some research on line that the Lehew family of Front Royal, Virginia were related to the Cottrill's is this correct? How would Abner Lehew fit in? Abner Lehew parent's are John Lehew and Nancy Connor. Or is their another connection?

Sarah Lee Forsyth and Joseph S. Thompson were my 2nd Great-grandparents. Sarah also known as Sallie died 1899 in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio.

Thank you for your time.

Tom Thompson

Florida

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions