Search for content in message boards

Ella Mae Hodgson and Baxter Gray Rosenbalm

Replies: 5

Re: Ella Mae Hodgson and Baxter Gray Rosenbalm

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
More information today. Baxter's maternal uncle, Emmit Rosenbalm, was married to a cousin of mine....I knew those names were familiar, just took me a bit to connect the dots. Of the three children listed in the household with Alice and her parents and brother Emmit in 1900, the Rosenbalm Family book acknowledges Bessie as her daughter without listing the father. Further, Alice later married an older man named James M. Blevins and apparently they had no children. Baxter was listed in their household in 1920 as "nephew." However, in 1910 census, taken after Alice's father had died, brother Emmet is listed as head of household; other members were his mother, Mary, Alice and the two boys mentioned earlier, Tom and Baxter...both of whom were listed as Emmet's nephews. Perhaps funeral home records will help you solve the riddle of who Baxter's father was....Baxter and Ella Mae are buried at Wright's Chapel (Methodist) Cemetery. A Gary Ratliff has posted a picture of a foot marker for another Baxter B. Rosenbaum at Rhudy cemetery.....not your Baxter.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DHinkey8381 29 Dec 2009 6:24PM GMT 
esmiddy 29 Dec 2009 7:18PM GMT 
DHinkey8381 3 Jan 2010 10:42PM GMT 
esmiddy 4 Jan 2010 1:48AM GMT 
creeperlady 1 Feb 2013 2:48PM GMT 
creeperlady 2 Feb 2013 12:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions