Search for content in message boards

James GARNER

Replies: 11

Re: James GARNER

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for a Green B. Garner, b-before 1780 in NC., or GA., d-after 1849 maybe in Pulaski Co, IL. His wife
was Sarah Calvin, d-1847 maybe in Pulaski Co, IL.
They had three children that I know of, Polly Garner, Young D. Garner, b-1805-NC., or GA., d-Pulaski Co, IL.,and Green P. Garner, b-1814, d-IL.

I am trying to prove that Green B. Garner and wife, Sarah
Calvin were the parents of my gg-grandmother,
Elizabeth "Eliza" Ann Jane (Garner) Miller-James,
b-21-Jan-1825-IL., d-15-Feb-1907-Pulaski Co, IL.
Eliza was married first to Michael Miller, b-1820-Union Co, IL., d-11-Nov-1847-Alexander Co, IL., and second to Samuel James in 1849.
Mary Jane Miller, b-Oct-1843-Anna, Union Co, IL.,d-6-Feb-1901 was Eliza and Michael Miller's daughter.
Mary Jane Miller married Charles W. Cook,b-1834-NC., d-29-Jan-1916-Anna, Union Co, IL., (my g-grandparents).
Does Green B. Garner sound familiar ?

Also I have a relative, Narcissa/Narsisas Cook, b-1817-NC.,
d-1873-NC.,who married a Seth Rodger/Rogers on 1-June-1836-
Cabarrus Co, NC. Seth Rodgers was b-1803-Cabarrus Co, NC.
Their children were, Robert Rodgers, b-abt 1837-Pope Co, IL., d-18-Sept-1864, Addison Rodgers, b-abt 1846-Cabarrus Co, NC., and James Rodgers, b-abt 1851-NC.
Seth and Narcissa went to the Poplar Tent Church, then went to the First Presbyterian Church, in Concord, Cabarrus Co, NC., where Narcissa was buried in their cemetery.
Narcissa's parents were, Daniel Cook, b-1790/91-NC., d-1850-1853-Union Co, IL., and first wife, Martha Brumley, 1790-1827-NC.
There are still living family from Daniel and Martha's descendants living in Concord, Cabarrus Co, NC.
Daniel's second wife was Jane Jemima Kennerly, b-1806-Cabarrus Co, NC.,d-1882-Jonesboro Precinct, Union Co, IL.
Also the Charles W. Cook mentioned above and married to Mary Jane Miller daughter of Michael Miller and wife, Elizabeth "Eliza" Ann Jane (Garner) Miller-James was also
the son of Daniel Cook, listed below who was first married to Martha Brumley.
Charles W. Cook was from Daniel Cook's second marriage, to Jane Jemima Kennerly. I am from this second marriage.
Descendants from both of Daniel Cook's marriages search and share info together.

We are still searching for the parents and siblings for Daniel Cook, Martha Brumley, Green B. Garner and Elizabeth
"Eliza" Ann Jane (Garner) Miller-James. Eliza also went by the name of Eliza Garner James and Eliza Jane James in her obit, Eliza Ann Garner in her first marriage, Eliza Jane Miller in her second marriage, and Elizabeth James and Eliza J. James on census records. There are no census records showing Eliza and her first husband, Michael Miller together since Michael died in 1847 and census records did not list all family members until 1850.

Do these Garner, Rodgers/Rogers (have seen it spelled both ways) Cook and Brumley, names sound familiar ?

Would like to hear from family or anyone who has info and is willing to share.

Thank you,
loiscypert34
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Garner 14 Jun 2003 9:10PM GMT 
loiscypert34 19 Aug 2012 8:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic