Search for content in message boards

Winney/Blessing_Find the Missing Native American... and a photograph

Replies: 0

Winney/Blessing_Find the Missing Native American... and a photograph

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Feb 2013 7:12AM GMT
Surnames: Blessing, Blesing, Winney
I believe my family and I have gotten back to where a Native American came into the family but I have questions...

1.) First of all I am searching for a photo of my GGrandfather, William Henry Winney, b. 1843, Wisconsin. I believe his Grandmother or GGrandmother was the Indian. William Henry Winney's mother was Anna Eliza (Blessing) Winney (1826 VA - 1909 WI ). I have photos of a couple of William's siblings (who are dark) but would like to find a photo of my GGGrandfather to see what he looks like. I have a photo of Anna Eliza (Blessing) Winney but it was taken when she was very old and one can't really tell if she was anything but white. (Would anyone have a photo of Anna Eliza (Blessing) Winney when she was young?) I have a wedding photo of her grandaughter- my GGrandmother-- and she looks very pretty and rather olive complected. It is said that my Grandfather "preferred" my one aunt because she reminded him of his mother: with raven hair and olive-complected.

2.) There MIGHT be an Eliza Wolfe who is either Anna Eliza's mother or Grandmother who is the Indian. Eliza was born in either Missouri or West Virginia. She died in 1839, before the family moved from that area of the country to Wisconsin where her daughters got married in Grant County, WI.
Anna Eliza (Blessing) Winney's father was Abraham Blessing of Virginia, b. abt 1795. After he got his daughters settled in Grant Co., WI, he moved on to California where he died in the snowy mountains. Anna Eliza always said that those circumstances are exactly how she would like to die...

Thanks for any help.
Kathleen
LPurch6636@aol.com

Find a board about a specific topic