Search for content in message boards

Jackson Family (African-American)

Replies: 0

Jackson Family (African-American)

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jackson, Carter
Hello,
I'm starting to research my maternal great grandmother, who was from York County, Virginia. Her name was Elnora Jackson, who married Providence Cox, and lived in Norfolk, VA. She didn't have any siblings, but she had a lot of aunts, uncles, and cousins. I'm looking for folks who might know that they descended from the following names. The following people were Elnora's aunts and uncles, and they lived mostly in York, in the late 1800's, with their children living into the mid 1900's. I am starting with Elnora's youngest uncle, George. He married a Roxanna, and they had children Pearly, William G., and Gertrude. Roxanna remarried in about 1901 to a Matthew Carter.Maybe George died, or they divorced. Roxanna and Matthew had other children-Richard, Irene, and Winslow.

Elnora's other uncles, who seemingly stayed in/near York, were Frank, and Thomas J. (married a Hester). Thomas and Hester had children Victoria, Lucy A., Irene, Edmond, Thomas H. Geneva, Emanuel, Mary R., George, and Elijah. They were in their 30s and 40s in the 1930 census. There are many others, but if these names sound familiar to you, please contact me!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions