Search for content in message boards

Help with WILHITE - LAWSON Connection

Replies: 0

Help with WILHITE - LAWSON Connection

Posted: 28 Feb 2012 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILHITE LAWSON
My name is Elmer Lee Wilhite, Jr.; born in Owensboro, KY in 1944; son of Elmer Lee Wilhite, Sr. and Mary John Crowe. My father was born in Joplin, MO in 1916; son of Harrison Wilhite and Jesse Mae Greenwell. Harrison was born in Harden County, KY in 1888; son of George Washington Wilhite and Sidenia Scott. George Washington was born in Meade County, KY in about 1852; son of William Wilhite and Lucinda Lemaster. William was born in Knox County, TN about 1809; William is believed to be the son of Julius Wilhite and Margaret Hise, but no proof has yet been developed.

Some months ago, I decided to pursue DNA genealogy. I had a Y-DNA test done by Family Tree DNA. Much to my surprise, my results came back as Haplogroup I2a, which is consistent with the surname Lawson rather than Haplogroup R1b1a2, which is the Wilhite result. I had a separate Y-DNA test done by the National Geographic genographics project and the result confirmed the I2a Haplogroup.

So, I’m trying to work out how this came to be. I was wondering if any of you have any information that would shed light on the WILHITE – LAWSON connection. If so, please respond here or, if you would prefer to email me privately, my address is Wilhite@gforcecable.com.

Of course, it would also be helpful to have more Wilhite Y-DNA results. If you are willing to help with DNA results but have questions, I’d be happy to explain the simple procedure. Your best bet would be to check out the Family Tree DNA web site at http://www.familytreedna.com

The cost of the Y-DNA test ranges from $169 for 37 markers to $268 for 67 markers. The larger number of markers provides more information for linking within a surname group. There may be discounts available with Family Tree DNA. There are also other vendors that may be a bit cheaper.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions