1. This Tree has many Editors, each one documenting selected Ancestors from the Northern Neck of Virginia.
2. Before you add someone to the Tree, PLEASE check through the Search box on the upper right of the page before you add someone - to insure they, or their parents, are not already in the Tree. It is very difficult to fix duplicate entries - the easiest way for us is to just delete one of the entries, maybe both.
3. PLEASE DO NOT just copy "stuff" from other Trees (Ancestry, FamilySearch, WorldConnect, etc) into this Tree - we are striving for Quality, not Quantity.
4. Dates and relationships should be documented, whenever possible. If a primary record is not available, please add a comment as to how the data was determined or estimated. It will help us all - which is a primary objective of this NN Tree.
5. Please enter ancestral SURNAMEs in ALL CAPS - this is a genealogical standard to highlight the surnames.
6. Please enter dates in 29 Mar 1943 format - again, a genealogical standard, that has been found to clarify many conflicting entries.
7. Please include the US county in place names where applicable - Warsaw, Richmond Co, VA rather than Warsaw, VA (most Colonial records were made and recorded at the county level)
Let me know if there is more guidance needed and I will edit this page.
Jim Bartlett firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin of NN Tree