Search for content in message boards

Payne, Thacker, and Bland families of Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania Virginia.

Replies: 2

Payne, Thacker, and Bland families of Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania Virginia.

Posted: 24 Jan 2004 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Payne, Thacker, Bland
I am doing some research for my great uncles wife and hope someone out there can help me.
Her grandmother was Mattie I. Thacker and she married Robert L. (?) Payne of Spotsylvania, Virginia.
Robert and Mattie had several children; Florence who married Newet (?) Henry Barbour, Nellie who married Joseph Mills, Susan (unsure if this is her name) married Roy Brown, Clarence C. Payne, Charles T. Payne, Robert L. Payne ( may have been Jr.) and James Lewis Payne.
Mattie had a brother named Thomas Thacker who lived in Spotsylvania also. She died on March 9, 1948 and was buried in the Proctor Family Cemetery in Caroline County, near Summit.
Robert Payne died in October 1918 of pneumonia and was also buried at the Proctor Family Cemetery, I believe.
After Robert died Mattie remarried to William T. Bland in 1919 in Fredericksburg, Virginia. He was the father of John and Thomas Bland of Fredericksburg. He died August 19, 1947 and was buried at Proctor Cemetery as well.
My great aunt knows nothing of her family history and would like to know if anyone out there can help determine who the parents to Mattie Thacker, Robert Payne or William Bland were. Her parents have both died and she only has siblings who know as much as she does ... nothing.
I would very much appreciate any information about any of these names or any thing about these families. Please e-mail me at Selby8x@aol.com.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EricaSelby911 25 Jan 2004 4:39AM GMT 
TraciB1965 11 Jan 2013 1:29PM GMT 
elbeall 20 Jan 2013 8:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic