Search for content in message boards

Wallace family

Replies: 0

Wallace family

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 5:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wallace, Kughn, Kuhn, Bowles, Anderson, Spear, Leonard
I'm looking for my 6th great grandfather. All I know is that his last name was Wallace and he had at least two daughters. He was probably born between 1750-1780.

My 5th great grandmother was Elizabeth Wallace, who was born in Virginia around 1807. She married Michael Kughn (sometimes spelled Kuhn) of Greene County, Pennsylvania. She died in Illinois sometime between 1860 (when she is living in Bureau County, IL) and 1870 (when her husband is a widower in Rock Island County, IL).

I believe Elizabeth (Wallace) Kughn had a sister who married a man with the last name Bowles. Elizabeth had a son Robert Kughn (b. abt 1841 in PA), who was living in Keya Paha, Nebraska in 1880. Living with him is his widowed cousin Margaret Anderson (b. 1843 in TN). It says her father was born in Tennessee and her mother Virginia. Since both Robert's mother and Margaret's mother were from Virginia, I would assume their mothers were siblings.

Margaret Anderson was the widow of R. Anderson (b. 1841 in TN). He died sometime after 1870, when he and his family were living in Nebraska City, Nebraska. One of their daughters was Mary Jane Anderson (b. 1862 in Missouri), who married Frederick C. Spear (son of Samuel Spear and Mary Leonard) in 1880 in Holt County. According to a record of the Spear-Anderson marriage, Margaret Anderson's maiden name was Bowles.

So, has anyone ever come across a man named Wallace who had daughters Elizabeth (Kughn) and ? (Bowles)?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions