Search for content in message boards

Alice Davison and Robert Nienkerk

Replies: 3

Alice Davison and Robert Nienkerk

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 9:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swink Davison Nienkerk
I'm trying to find a wedding document for Alice Davison and Robert Nienkerk. I believe the couple were married and lived together in Prosser. The date of their wedding would have to be between 1940 and 1948. Nienkerk was a lodger at the Ellis household, courtesy of the US Census in 1940. Robert Nienkerk died in Prosser in 1948 and is buried there. Apparently, this made Alice his widow.

I have found the naturalization registration for Nienkerk dated 1935 at Benton Co. courthouse. Nienkerk was born Whitewood, Saskatchewan. It appears he migrated to Prosser alone.

Nienkerk's family in Whitewood has not been found although there are currently Nienkerks living there.

Alice Davison was born in Juneau, Alaska, 1914. Her parents were James and Sevrine Davison. The Davisons came to Prosser in 1919 and operated "Davison's Dairy".

Alice' brother was John Davison and he was a long time Prosser resident. John was born 1917 in Juneau.

Alice Davison Nienkerk married Art Swink in Prosser in 1953. They promptly moved to Othello, Wash. This is the only instance I have of Alice signing her name Nienkerk.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JoelSwink55 13 Oct 2012 3:41AM GMT 
barbdale_1 13 Oct 2012 4:16AM GMT 
barbdale_1 13 Oct 2012 4:32AM GMT 
JoelSwink55 13 Oct 2012 6:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic