Search for content in message boards

Help Identifying Men in Snapshot

Replies: 3

Help Identifying Men in Snapshot

Posted: 25 May 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I would like to contact someone who would be willing to research the identities of 7 men in an old family picture. They are obviously Native Americans and consist of 6 men in basketball uniforms holding a basketball with "Guemes 1918" painted on it; the seventh man is standing.

My half-sister's father was Charles Arthur Wood, born 25 December 1885 in Edison, Skagit, Washington. He died with my sister was 6 months old and all we know about him is his father's name (William Wood), his birthdate and that he was Native American. He would be the correct age for the man standing in the picture. We cannot imagine any other reason for this picture to be in my deceased mother's papers.

We are willing to pay a reasonable fee to research sources that might identify these men in case one of them is her father.

We have had an enlargement made to 5 x 7 of the original and will supply this picture, of course.

Please do not begin researching this until you have contacted me and we have agreed on a fee and have sent you this picture.

My sister's name is Charleane Alice Wood Squires and she was born April 12, 1940 on Vashon Island, WA. Our mother's name was Alice Katherine Kenaston Dale Wood.

Your help in this matter will be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JanWasden 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
geemarie 19 Mar 2002 8:26PM GMT 
PatDwyer637 4 Nov 2002 9:51PM GMT 
cjohnson417 6 Apr 2012 4:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic