Search for content in message boards

Emma Lee Holden Bell

Replies: 2

Re: Emma Lee Holden Bell

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Julia,

I see this is your first posting (at least under this user name). For this search, as a normal suggestion for genealogy, begins with your immediate family. Your first "interviews" would be of your parents, other siblings, and then other aunts or uncles. Based on the year of marriage (1948), one or both "may" have been born before the 1930 Census, which would show her parents and siblings. I'm sure you may not know where and when she was born, and when a genealogy researcher asks you to identify such information, they don't have a clue how to properly begin a research themselves. You don't need to identify when and where she was born to find her, that information is not material to a search.

I find William E. Bell, married Emma Lee Holden on 9 Feb 1948 in the presence of Delbert W. Galbreath of Mt Vernon, and Evelyn Rhodes of Sedro Woolley.
--Delbert W. Galbreath died 13 July 1977 in Skagit Co, age 57 (abt 1920). So, "IF" Delbert was a contemporary of William, both were born in the early 1920's. BUT, a lot of lifetime friendships were made during the years of 1941-1945ish, World War II.

Now, a lot of your personal knowledge about William and Emma and what you can find out comes into play. The length of time they were married (a few years versus MANY), if they had children or not is helpful to the search. Also, while not material at all to the search...why you are seeking her. She may or may not be interested in contact of any of her former nieces, nephews or other in her ex-husbands family. If this is for your own curiosity, then I understand.

Their divorce would have been a civil case in the Superior Court where one of the two filed (the "Petitioner"), the other party the "Respondent." The divorce/dissolution would identify who filed, when, any support ordered for the wife and/or children, and where they lived at the time. The case record "may" also identify a name change for the spouse (usually in short lived marriages, and back to the maiden name). Court cases are public record and court clerks are responsible for maintaining such records.

Her re-marriage records would, of course, be in the County where she remarried. If Skagit, they would have those records.

Ron Bestrom
Tacoma, WA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
juliahendersh... 25 Jan 2012 6:21PM GMT 
judyartley53 2 Apr 2012 4:22AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 3 Apr 2012 1:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions