Search for content in message boards

MacDonald Family in Berkeley County

Replies: 0

MacDonald Family in Berkeley County

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking to determine the date/location of the death of Mary Elizabeth (Biggerstaff) MacDonald, widow of Walter Angus MacDonald - and to document the maiden name of her mother.

Mary was born 7 Nov 1839 in Morgan County (parents Isaac and Elizabeth Biggerstaff). She married Walter Angus McDonald/MacDonald on 7 Mar 1859, in Morgan County.

Mary is known to have been living at 221 W. Race Street in 1915 (Polk's City Directory). Her name does not appear in later directories.

WV Archives website does not have images of Berkeley County death records for 1915-1916 - and I have not found her in available records 1917 and beyond. Other members of her family are buried at St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery - so I suspect she is also buried there.

One of her sons, James I. MacDonald, married Bella Genevieve Martin, sister of lawyer/judge Clarence E. Martin, Sr.

Please respond if you can help me document the death and parentage of Mary Elizabeth (Biggerstaff) McDonald/ MacDonald - whom I suspect died 1915-1917 in Berkeley County.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions