Search for content in message boards

Any descendant of John Mallow b 1824 (son of Leonard) on this site?

Replies: 0

Any descendant of John Mallow b 1824 (son of Leonard) on this site?

Posted: 2 Nov 2011 12:43PM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: Mallow, Rexrode, Hedrick
I'm trying to locate a descendant of John Mallow 1824-1864 (hubby of Eliza Susan Rexrode, son of Leonard Mallow and Elizabeth Hedrick Mallow )who would like to follow-up with documentation I've obtained to have his headstone at Camp Parole, Maryland corrected (the burial site now part of Annapolis National Cemetery). The headstone currently reads CSA (Confederate States of America) but John served in Capt. Alt's Company of Home Guards (Union militia). He was taken prisoner by southern troops in January 1864 in or near Franklin, transported to Richmond (likely incarcerated in "Castle Thunder" - a tobacco processing plant turned prison during the war - with other Pendleton Co. militia taken at or near the same time), then exchanged in March 1864 and taken to Camp Parole where he died on 1 June 1864.

John was a cousin of my ancestor George Mallow (1815-1864) who is also buried at Camp Parole (and I'm currently in the process of having George's headstone located or corrected if under the wrong surname). I came across John's headstone when looking for George's.

I'm more than willing to submit the documentation to have John's headstone corrected but I thought perhaps his descendants might like to participate. I will email the appropriate paperwork to whomever has interest. I will hold the documentation for 30 days to allow his family to contact me.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions