Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Gratehouse 1817-1878

Replies: 0

Nathaniel Gratehouse 1817-1878

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greathouse, Reynolds
I need to find more information for information for Nathaniel Gratehouse born about 1817 and possiblly died about 1878 in Roane County, WV.

The only information I have for him is a record of his marriage to a Nancy Runals/Reynolds.

----------------------------------
Kanawha County, (West) Virginia
Early Marriage Records 1788-1853
Kanawha County Marriages 1788-1953
November 1986
Extracted and Prepared for Publication By: Richard F. Legg
West Virginia Genealogy Society
PO Box 249
Elkview, WV 25071

Groom Bride Date Minister Notes
Gratehouse, James Ashley, Nancy 11 Jul 1837 B. Cook
Gratehouse, Nathaniel Runch, Nancy 19 Feb 1840 B. Cook
Gratehouse, Nathaniel Runals*, Nancy 19 Feb 1841 B. Cook *(Reynolds?)

I am pretty sure that Nancy's maiden name was Reynolds as there are no Runals or Runch in the 1830 Census of Kanawha County Virginia. There is however a number of Reynolds households in Kanawha County at that time.

There seems to be no further info on Nathaniel and Nancy even though some have recorded his death year as 1878.

Regarding the marriage of James Gratehouse to Nancy Ashley, James is the son of John Greathouse who married Sarah McDade on 17 Sep 1806 in Mason County, Virginia.

Some believe that Nathaniel would also be the son of John Greathouse and Sarah McDade, but he (Nathaniel) was not mentioned as an heir in the estate settlement of John Greathouse Senior on 9 Oct 1866 which is on file at the courthouse in Spencer, Roane County, West Virginia.

Any further info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions