Search for content in message boards

Merrells Family

Replies: 0

Merrells Family

Pamela Vannoy-Tharp (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: merrells
MERRELLS, Joseph Henry Orton was my grandfather. He owned a farm overlooking Mason, Mason Co. His wife was named Lula Edwards. They had 9 children - one of which was my mother, Betty.
They lived on the farm till after my grandfather died. One of my mother's brothers (Jasper Allen) disappeared in 1930 when he was 19. He was never seen or heard from again. Is there still anyone around who remembers this family, maybe went to school with one of the kids - maybe even my mother?
My grandparents were buried at Graham Station Cemetary. Grandpa went by Orton and died in 1941 - Grandma Lula died in Parkersburg in 1958. - - Does anyone know where that cemetary is? Is it still there? Could someone possibly be
able to tell me if their graves are there?
By the way - Mom is doing very well, and has written a book about growing up on the farm there in Mason, Mason Co. and
I feel as though I know a little about what it was like growing up there.
If you knew the family, or anything about them. Or have info about the cemetary mentioned above - Please e-mail me at - - ptharp@mail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions