Search for content in message boards

Looking for my Grandfather's Parents

Replies: 6

Looking for my Grandfather's Parents

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 8:36AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 17 Dec 2013 9:05AM GMT
Surnames: Simpkins, Mounts, Ballard
I am Alan Simpkins and am looking for information regarding my Grandfather, Reverend Henry John Simpkins of Horsepen, Mingo County West Virginia. Henry was born on 14 March 1887. His Marriage Certificate lists his parents as H. Simpkins and M. Mounts. I do know that from the 1900 Census of Mingo County, His Mother, Martha Mounts listed him as Henry Mounts. I am also showing that her employment was as a Laundress in the area. I also know that Henry Simpkins married Minnie Ellis and had the following children.... Boyd Simpkins, Martha Simpkins, Harry Simpkins, Cebert Simpkins, Garland Simpkins, Lydia Simpkins and Tolbert Simpkins, whom is my father. I know also that Henry had a half-brother Willard H. Hatfield. Any information would be greatly appreciated because right now I am at a stand still in tracing my family history!!!! I also have information that it is possible that Henry could have been a Junior, so I am wishing to also seek information regarding a Henry Simpkins Sr. Born Approximately 1850 on WV/VA!!! Please contact me if you have any information and I will surely share all the information that I have collected!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lakeviewghost... 16 Sep 2013 2:36PM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Sep 2013 7:02PM GMT 
lakeviewghost... 18 Sep 2013 7:50PM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Sep 2013 8:07PM GMT 
lakeviewghost... 18 Sep 2013 8:18PM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Sep 2013 8:21PM GMT 
lakeviewghost... 18 Sep 2013 8:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions