Search for content in message boards

Mitchell family in Ohio Co, 1784 +/-

Replies: 1

Mitchell family in Ohio Co, 1784 +/-

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mitchell, Jacob, Harbour
I am looking for information on the MITCHELL family from Ohio Co, VA/WV. My information is that Alexander (Sr) was b: Ohio Co abt 1784. He married Martha Jacob/Jocob/Kelly abt 1800. They had 6 children: Nancy, Samuel, Isaac, Jane, Elizabeth,& Zacheriah--I believe all in the Ohio Co area.

Zacheriah (b; 1816) married Ann Wilson Baird. They had children: George B, Isaac W. James K., Jane and Alexander. All except James born in the Ohio Co area.

The family moved to MO abt 1850+. Ann died there 1853. Zach moved to Texas; children returned to Washington PA with relatives. Alexander moved back to MO by 1862. I believe he married Elizabeth Neill (2 Jan 1862)and had three children.
I believe I have Zach living with the family in 1870 MO.

By 1872, Elizabeth and 3 children moved to Trinidad, Las Animas Co.,CO. Here I am stuck. LDS info has Alexander marrying Delia Harbour in 1880 in WV, and having abt 4 children. I am trying 1) to connect the info I have on the MO Alexander/family to the info I have on the WV Alexander in 1880, and 2) if it is the same family, any information on the first Alexander (b: 1784) and his ancestors.

Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Julie 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
harbour3rd 6 Jan 2010 8:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic