Search for content in message boards

Henry Stone aka Henrich Stein of the South Branch immigrated in 1751 not 1748

Replies: 4

Re: Henry Stone aka Henrich Stein of the South Branch immigrated in 1751 not 1748

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stone Stein Zorn
This thread captured my attention because the history of Henrich Stein (aka Henry Stone) seems to closely match the story passed down in one branch of our family about the arrival of our Stone/Stein ancestor in what was to become the United States. I suspect Henrich Stein (aka Henry Stone) had a son named Henry Stone who in turn had a son named Henry Stone (my 4th great grandfather, believed to have been born in 1762 in Frederick County, Maryland).

Although I haven't located any documents yet supporting a link from my Henry Stone to Henrich Stein (aka Henry Stone), I have taken a Y-DNA 37 marker test through Family Tree DNA, and an autosomal DNA test through Ancestry. The Y-DNA test has not yet produced any matches, even at only the twelve marker level. The autosomal test has produced many matches across all my family lines, but there is only one that I can say is possibly a link to the Henry Stone who married Susannah Zorn. Unfortunately, without a chromosome comparison tool being available here at Ancestry yet, I can only say 'possibly' on this match, without more matches being found.

If anyone come across this thread and has more information on Henrich Stein (aka Henry Stone) and/or his descendants, I would appreciate you adding it to this thread and/or sending me an email. I would also be especially interested in hearing from any male direct line descendants who have taken, or would be willing to take (at my expense), a DNA test to see if a match can be made.

Thank you,

Dan Stone
stonefamilytree'avoid spam'mac.com (replace 'avoid spam' with @)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mallowslk19 20 Jan 2012 12:23PM GMT 
mallowslk19 5 Feb 2012 5:15PM GMT 
ethlah 12 Feb 2012 7:51PM GMT 
The_Stone_Fam... 12 Apr 2013 1:03AM GMT 
The_Stone_Fam... 4 Apr 2014 4:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic