Search for content in message boards

David Fulk family (Foulke, Folke)

Replies: 3

Re: David Fulk family (Foulke, Folke) - possible association to Ludwig Fulk aka Falck

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 12:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for your information! I greatly appreciate it as it does indeed give me somewhere else to look.
I have been trying for years to connect Ludwig Falck to Mathew Folk as some descendants of Mathew Fulk believe them to be brothers. I have 2 possible emigrations that could be Mathew but no proof. I also wondered if Mathew may have accompanied Ludwig and being below 16 years was not listed. There is mention of Mathew Fulk in Manheim, Pa? and again at Massanutten with Jacob Stover in 1732? But there is nothing to suggest with certainty that Mathew and his supposed Senedo wife are indeed the parents of John Fulk of Brock's Gap and his prolific lineage.
A Mr. Mallow allowed my husband and I to view the historical marker in his soybean field several years ago when I attempted to follow a lead based on info I unraveled from another Fulk descendant. As I mentioned, some of John Fulk's older sons passed on the tradition of Ludwig being a brother to JOhn's father, supposedly Mathew.
I have read many accounts of the massacres in Pendleton, I love the little town of Franklin, by the way - we saw the cutest parade while there, maybe it was July 4th. I also have the inventory from Ludwig's will but have never found a possible name for his wife and no mention of children.
With the name being so uncommon, until the birth of JOhn's 11 children and their multiple offspring, I think it quite likely there is a relationship between these Fulks from the 1700's but would sure like to be able to prove it.
If you have further information on any of these Fulk/Falck/Folk/Foulke/Folke/Fackh/Fokt I would really appreciate hearing it.
I am going to see if I can contact the churches you mentioned in Philadelphia.
Thank you so much again!
s
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mandsdietz 27 Apr 2013 9:50PM GMT 
mallowslk19 27 Apr 2013 10:37PM GMT 
mandsdietz 28 Apr 2013 6:59PM GMT 
mallowslk19 28 Apr 2013 8:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic