Search for content in message boards

Ten Mile-Wolf Pen Road/Wolf Pen Grade School, Need Help

Replies: 7

Ten Mile-Wolf Pen Road/Wolf Pen Grade School, Need Help

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Debolt, LeMasters
Hello, I have posted about this subject before, but I believe it has been a couple of years, so trying again.

I am searching for any and all information concerning the Wolf Pen Grade School that was in Tyler County, WV. My great-great grandfather Fenton Clark LeMasters was supposedly a teacher and possible the superintendant of the school around 1898. The family story is that his future wife, Louis Estel Debolt, was attending this school and that is how they met and married on May 8, 1898. They actually married in Wetzel County.

I have a document that has a photo of the school and is entitled "Wolf-Pen School Report of Scholarship" At the time this document was produced the teacher of the school was a Mr. A.M. Grimes. I believe this to be a one room school house that taught all grades.

I also believe that this school was located on Hwy 32 as I have photo of a state road sign that says Ten Mile/Wolf Pen Rd.

If anyone can shed anymore light on this school or if there are any records that survive for the time period of 1898, please contact me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

In Christ,
Melissa (LeMaster) Barker
E-Mail: kaitysmom@peoplestel.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Melissa Barke... 19 Oct 2007 8:26PM GMT 
SSBATDORF 23 Oct 2007 3:33AM GMT 
Melissa Barke... 23 Oct 2007 3:49PM GMT 
maeflowerbren 22 Mar 2009 5:29AM GMT 
maeflowerbren 22 Mar 2009 7:32PM GMT 
SSBATDORF 22 Mar 2009 9:56PM GMT 
solis983 18 Apr 2009 2:25PM GMT 
Melissa Barke... 18 Apr 2009 6:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions