Search for content in message boards

(John or maybe Robert ?) Alexander Robinett(e) - Proof of parents

Replies: 0

(John or maybe Robert ?) Alexander Robinett(e) - Proof of parents

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 10:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinett Wellman Cline Scarberry Robinet Robinette
Looking for proof of the father of Alexander Robinett

In Census I have found his name listed as Robert Robinet, Alec Robinett and Elexander Robinet - I can confirm all these names on the census via his Grandfather's name, wife's name, children's names, ages and where they are living.

I have not found him on any 1870 Census - he would of been about 4 to 5 months old at that time.

However, other Family Trees have his name as John Alexander Robinett. These Family Trees also show Jacob Cline as his father.

Marriage Certificates show his name as Alexander Robinet and his Death Certificate shows Alex Robinette

I know his mother was Phebe (Pheobe) Robinett and she was never married. - This is on his marriage certificate(s) and his death certificate.

My cousin indicated that my Grandfather's middle name Jacob, was because his Grandfather's name was Jacob. She told me she was told this by my Grandfather's sister and Grandpa also mentioned it once when he was alive.

On his death certificate it shows a Jasper Robinette as his father - but I can find no records of a Jasper Robinett(e). Marriage certificates have no father listed.

Alex's Dates:
Birth 19 Apr 1869 in Glen Alum, Mingo County, West Virginia
Death 16 Jul 1932 in Tabors Creek, Butler D, Wayne County, West Virginia

17 Jul 1889 Marriage to Henrietta Scarberry - I found the marriage certificate for this, but I have found no other proof. I found a Henry Etta Scarberry with the same Parents. When I search her name, I find no records of her marrying Alex Robinett. Wondering if they had a divorce or annulment.

9 May 1894 Marriage to Flora Olive Wellman

Any help on finding actual proof of his father would be appreciated.

- Marian

Find a board about a specific topic