Search for content in message boards

Need help with Rousseau who was a boarder

Replies: 1

Need help with Rousseau who was a boarder

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 11:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I'm working on my Rousseau Family which has been a brick wall for about 15 years and I'm trying to follow any person who may be a connection and hoping to find something that I can use.
Here is a long, but shortened, version of what I know about my family.

My 2nd great grandfather, Charles Rousseau, born about 1832 in Canada married Charlotte Martin (daughter of Solomon Martin) and the family lived in St. Ignace, Michigan from 1850-1880 (could be earlier as well as later but this is all I know from the census records).

Charles and Charlotte had their kids in Michigan (I'm guessing St. Ignace with the exception of my great grandfather)---There are no records that I can find in Michigan on any of these people except my great grandfather.
Their kids are:
Joseph M. Rousseau born about 1867 in Michigan
Charlotte J. Rousseau born about 1868 in Michigan
Charles Rousseau born about 1871 in Michigan
John Jonas Rousseau (my great grandfather) born May 17, 1875 in Beaver Island, Michigan

There were also two other children, but they were Charlotte's kids from her 1st husband, Antoine Babineau.
These kids were:
Antoine Babineau born about 1854 in Michigan
Macala Babineau born about 1859 in Michigan

John Jonas' daughter (my grandma) used to talk of family named Babineau in Bayfield/Ashland Wisconsin and would go visit a Charlie Babineau who I have a photo of.

John Jonas told family he was raised in an orphanage on the Red Cliff Indian Reservation. He always said he lived his childhood in Wisconsin in the Bayfield/Ashland area. He only talked about his one brother Charles, who supposedly moved to Duluth, MN, and the family had no idea of the other siblings so I have nothing to go on for my family search. John refused to speak of his parents.

With all of that said (sorry it was so long) I have found a Joseph Rousseau in the 1900 Sanborn, Ashland Census

Joseph Rousseau born about August 1869 in Wisconsin (but we all know that may not be his place of birth) he was a boarder and working as a Teamster (this is what it looked like on the census record to me) for yard.

Is there any one who is willing to search a little for this Joseph and see what they can find? I need to find something to connect to my family. I'm willing to pay costs.

Thank you,
Delayne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Delayne_Duhai... 9 Aug 2012 5:00PM GMT 
williamfcraig... 13 Nov 2012 10:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions