Search for content in message boards

Frank Dabruzzi

Replies: 4

Frank Dabruzzi

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 11:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dabruzzi D'Abruzzo
I am trying to find out information on my great great grandfather Frank Dabruzzi. He lived near Crystal Lake from what I have gathered. He is buried in the St. Anthony Cemetary in Cumberland. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~saintantho...

I am trying to find out when he came to the US from Italy and where he was born in Italy. It looks like he was born Francesco D'Abruzzo. I have found some things that suggest he immigrated between 1890-1892, and my Great Grand Father who was born in Wisconsin was born in 1898.

I found Frank on the 1920 census and it looks like he naturalized in 1918 (he had also remarried as his original wife had died at that point). Does anyone know anything about him? There are some similar names in the area and similar ages in like say the 1900 Census where you see Frank and Carolina, but the children's names are wrong. At that point Sam should be 2 years old but you have Sabatina age 2. Then in the wisconsin 1895/1905 Census I find them (Spelled Debruzzi) and here we see Sam age 7. Then in the 1910 census you have who Ancestry lists as Frank Dobnozzi but looking at the writing could be Frank Dabruzzi and now we have a child named Sabatine aged 12 and the wife is listed as Cockron, but really with the messy handwriting it could be Caroline. Then fast forward to the 1920 census and I think I have him with his new wife (Carolina died in 1915 according to the cemetary website).

I think I also have him on the 1930 census. Now I can't find Sam on the 1920's Census (when he had probably moved out as he was 22 at this point) and I can't find Frank on the 1940's census (even though the Cemetary doesn't list his death until 1954).

Does anyone out there have any information that could help me here?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JeffreyHaskov... 30 Aug 2012 5:11AM GMT 
Zelekis 30 Aug 2012 5:42PM GMT 
Zelekis 30 Aug 2012 5:43PM GMT 
JeffreyHaskov... 31 Aug 2012 5:10AM GMT 
Zelekis 31 Aug 2012 2:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions