Search for content in message boards

The Lars Gilbertson family

Replies: 4

Re: The Lars Gilbertson family

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Dec 2003 9:47PM GMT
Surnames: Gilbertson/Gulbrandson/Gubranson Ostenson Olson
Did your Gilbert and Inger Gilbertson ever use the last names Gubrandson or Ostenson? My Great-great Grandparents Gilbert/Gulbrand/Gubrand Gilbertson/Gulbrandson/Gubranson/Ostenson and Ingri Oyer/Oyan (her surname.....probably her farm name in Norway) used all those names. I know my Gilbert and Ingri had two daughters, Ostine Lohre and Anne Olson. There was a third child, but I have no info on that one. Gilbert arrived from Norway in 1856 to Coon Valley, Bad Axe Co., WI. He was a blacksmith. I think Ingri emmigrated at the same time from Norway: possibly they were already married when they came. Both daughters were born in WI. In 1869 they moved to Cottonwood Co., MN., returning to Stanley, Barron Co., WI sometime after 1892 with Anne. Anne married Edward Solvester Olson, son of Nils and Johanna. Edward was a farmer. They married, 23 May 1892, in Stanley, at a Lutheran Church with Pastor A.G. Orke of Chetak presiding. Witnesses were Ole and Anne Wistad. Gulbrand died 19 June 1903 and was buried in Faaberg Cemetary. No death info on Ingri. Gulbrand used the Gilbertson and other G surnames in early Wisconsin, and seems to have begun using Ostenson as his surname in Minnesota. Ostenson is on his death record. The name changes are enough to drive me nuts. Do any of these names mean anthything to you? Ostine was my Great grandmother and she remained in Minnesota, moving to Roseau Co. with her husband John Hanson Lohre. Thanks for any info.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
walkerdan59 1 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
gilberab 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DebKnutson 4 Jan 2002 7:54AM GMT 
marcgilbertso... 23 Jan 2006 12:15AM GMT 
skaduce 17 Mar 2013 6:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions