Search for content in message boards

Susanna Prekop Pagac b 1893 d 1968 wife of Stephen then Jacob Pagac Keystone, Bayfield Co. WI

Replies: 2

Susanna Prekop Pagac b 1893 d 1968 wife of Stephen then Jacob Pagac Keystone, Bayfield Co. WI

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Pagac (Pagec) Gabor, Hosmanek and Bucek (Butchek and Buchek
I am requesting a lookup of a friend’s great aunt's obituary/death notice. The deceased was Susanna or Susan Pagac of Keystone, Bayfield Co. Wisconsin who died in December 1968. She was buried at St. Peter’s in Benoit per FindaGrave.com. I believe that she was married twice: first to Stephen Pagac who died in 1920 and then to Jacob Pagac. I do not know if the two men were related but assume they were.

There is some debate about Susan’s maiden name. If Prekop is the correct name I believe I have found her passenger ship record. A Zuzanna Prekop departed Europe from the port of Bremen on the ship Kronprinz Wilhelm and arrived in New York on Mar 7, 1911 at the age of 18. She was Slovakian born in Voroska, Hungary. On two censuses Susan said she came to the US in 1911.

If I am correct in my guessing about her marriages she and Stephen Pagac were the parents of John b 1913, Anna b 1915, Pauline (Balina) b 1916 and Stephen Pagac b 1918. She and Jacob were then the parents of Frank b 1930. And she would have been the step mother to Jacob and his first wife Mary’s children: Paul b 1913, Katie (Kachine) b 1915, Rudolph b 1917, Mary b 1919, Margaret b 1922 and Anna b 1926.

I see from the 1920 and 1930 census records that there were many Pagac families in the Keystone area.

The Findagrave record is: Pagac, Susan 12309401, b. 1893 d. 1968 Saint Peters Cemetery, Benoit, Bayfield County, Wisconsin, USA.

The Social Security Death Index says Susan died in December, 1968. If I can’t get a death notice but can get a date of death I might be able to find the notice doing a newspaper search (although I got nothing when I searched Pagac for the entire month in a Bayfield newspaper). So if someone is near the cemetery possibly s/he could check the grave stone.

Other Slovak family names connected to this search that descendants of Susan might recognize are: Gabor, Hosmanek and Bucek (Butchek and Buchek).

Thanks for any help that you can give us.

Mary Quirk-Thompson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Quirk-Th... 28 Mar 2010 7:12PM GMT 
wahini1957 26 Mar 2014 9:26PM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 2 Apr 2014 10:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic