Search for content in message boards

Five Sisters leaving Sweden for Wisconsin and California 1901-16

Replies: 7

Re: Five Sisters leaving Sweden for Wisconsin and California 1901-16

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 12:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi
Searching the five Sword sisters I have found out that the oldest, Emma Gustava (1) married Albert Holgren and stayed in Washburn Bayfield Wisconsin until she died in 1963, probably without children. I hope to find an obit for her and by that find out what happened to her sisters.

Previously I frequently used the services of RAOGK (Random Acts of Genealogy Kindness) and their volunteers always managed to find the obits I wanted. Now I´m sorry to find that the RAOGK-site is offline for some time. Where can I find a similar service???

I´ve also found, thanks to Rpokorny, that Elsa Maria Sword (3) married to Erick Erickson, got three children and settled in California. It would be nice to find an obit for Elsa, she died in Februari 1976 in Orange Cal. What happened to her son Elmer. He is not mentioned in Ericks obituarie. Is he dead before his father (in WW2 ?)

Are there any signs, from the Cencus, that Hedvig settled in the vicinity of Elsa in California? Or that Signe and/or Agnes settled in Washburn Wisconsin? It is interesting to see from the passengerlists how their family names have changed, Signe Bernhardina SUARD, Agnes Alfrida SVÁRO and Hedvig LVARD. This must make it very difficult to trace them.

Hoping for more information about the sisters
/Carl
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
larslind 8 Feb 2012 4:16PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 8 Feb 2012 5:54PM GMT 
RPokorny 9 Feb 2012 2:15PM GMT 
RPokorny 9 Feb 2012 4:15PM GMT 
larslind 20 Feb 2012 2:46PM GMT 
larslind 20 Feb 2012 7:59PM GMT 
shortysrus69 1 Apr 2013 7:43PM GMT 
larslind 21 Feb 2012 3:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions