Replies: 4

Re: Pictures/Postcards from Grantsburg/Rush City

Mark Smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Erickson, Larson, Wilson
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the message.

John and Marie Erickson (and daughter Ida) emmigrated to Rush City about 1870 from Sweden. They lived at their farm until 1910. John died 1899; Marie died in St.Paul 1925. John, Robert and Marie are buried in unmarked graves NW of Rush City at the Free MIssion Cemetery.

While in Rush City John and Marie had: Emma, Charles, Robert, Amanda, Gustaf, and William.

Robert and Charles moved to Grantsburg between 1900-1910. They were credited for rigging the electricity for the city of Grantsburg. Robert died in 1914; Charles lived in Grantsburg and is buried in Riverside Cemetery with his wives Emma and Freda. His children in Grantsburg were Olive, Stanley, Harvey, and Vina. I also have Wilson's that lived in Grantsburg; Nels and Elena are buried in Riverside Cemetery, and Amanda Erickson married their son Carl Oscar.

Amanda often visited both Grantsburg (her friends the Hoglunds lived there, in addition her in-laws Eddie Larson and Olga (Wilson/Larson). She moved with her husband to St. Paul and lived there the rest of her life. Ida Erickson married a Lund and lived in St. Paul; Emma married a Frogner in Stillwater, and a Cox later in White Bear; Gustaf married a Nordly and lived in St. Paul; William never married, but lived in St. Paul, Mn. That's it in a nutshell- I have much, much more info.

The pictures, postcards and letters I have are from Karlsborg, WI, Grantsburg, and Rush City MN. There are postcards of people and places dating from 1900-1930. Please feel free to email me and I will be happy to send you some that you may recognize.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jughead2000 6 Apr 2003 7:44PM GMT 
Scott Cook 18 Apr 2003 2:02AM GMT 
Ray Lundquist 6 May 2003 4:25AM GMT 
Mark Smith 6 May 2003 6:08PM GMT 
JeremyNErica 21 Dec 2012 11:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic