Search for content in message boards

Joas

Replies: 23
Posted: 3 Jan 2011 10:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
When I searched for Frank Joas the first thing that came up was on the Marchant family tree, so that's where I found the information about Joseph and Josepha. However, that person doesn't have many, if any, sources listed for validation. I did find a passenger list with Frank (listed as Xaver), Joseph and Josepha, their children: Joseph, Marianne, George and also other Joas': Veronica (age 32), Sebastian (age 14), and Veronica (age 7). Here is that link:
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

Actually, the line after Joseph Joas on that tree goes back a few generations as well but with the only sources being other family trees. There is another family tree with pictures of Joseph's brother's family and quite a bit of information. Might be worth checking out if you are to renew your subscription.

I found that Joseph is listed in the 1870 census married to his second wife, Margaretha, living in Addison, WI. He died in 1878 so that might be the only census where you could find him.

I'm fairly certain that all the mix ups of Crescentia are still Katherine. I'm thinking Crescentia was her real birth name (after her mother) and maybe Katherine was a middle name or just a nickname or something.

I would love to see those photos!! My email address is my ancestry username at gmail. com.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jessicakschul... 30 Dec 2010 2:00AM GMT 
joycereader 2 Jan 2011 5:05AM GMT 
jessicakschul... 2 Jan 2011 4:57PM GMT 
joycereader 3 Jan 2011 4:08PM GMT 
jessicakschul... 3 Jan 2011 5:40PM GMT 
joycereader 3 Jan 2011 5:49PM GMT 
joycereader 5 Dec 2012 4:37AM GMT 
jessicakschul... 7 Dec 2012 7:34PM GMT 
FrankJoas 17 Nov 2012 12:11PM GMT 
jessicakschul... 1 Dec 2012 5:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions