Search for content in message boards

Barthen, Zweifelhover,or Zwifelhover and murder mystery.

Replies: 2

Barthen, Zweifelhover,or Zwifelhover and murder mystery.

Posted: 29 Jul 2007 10:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barthen, Teske, Zweifelhover, Zwifelhoffer, Zwifelhover
I am looking for information about my great mother's parents. My great grandma was Whilemenia Barthen (minnie) born about 1885. Minnie married a Charles Teske and moved to Minnesota.

Her siblings were Rosa (1881), Joseph C. (1887), Henry G. (1889), Albert (1891), Margaret (1895), and William L. (1883). All children were born in Chippewa Falls.

Their parents were Eleonora Zwiffelhoffer, (I know there are many variations). She immigrated form Bohemia-Austria in around 1870 - into Baltimore Maryland I believe. Then moved to Chippewa Falls. Her parents I believe were Joseph and Barbara Zweifelhover (Zwifelhover), born around 1816. I believe Joseph died about 1904.

Elenora married a Conrad Barthen. I don't know much about him. He is estimated born around 1854 in Wisconsin. (His parents were born in Germany). I don't know his parents names.

Conrad was a cigar maker by trade, and his son Henry G. was too. I was told by my grandma that he made them at his home premises, and sold them to business to sell. (one of his clients or bosses was a H J Toepfer at 524 Mansfield).

Conrad Barthen's name is a mystery to me. I have 1880-1910 census'. But I can not find any other document, such as birth or death record. The details of his death are sketchy too. Apparently he was murdered and his body was thrown into a river. (some family members say he was in Milwaukee at the time, or Eau Claire, or still in Chippewa Falls).He died sometime around 1928.

I know that after Conrad's death, Eleanor went to Milwuakee to live with her son Albert and his two children - Sylvia and Raymond. (that is where she is on the 1930 Census).

I am hoping there is someone out there who can add some of history or details of these Zweifelhoffers, and Barthen's for me. Any info would be so greatly appreciated. Especially any details of Conrad Barthen's parents, or his ultimate murder.

Most Sincerely,
Barb

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bandjjjj 29 Jul 2007 4:54PM GMT 
bandjjjj 15 Jul 2009 2:36PM GMT 
rebholzgary 11 Dec 2012 10:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions