Search for content in message boards

Seraphine Peacore and Mary Blanchard Peacore

Replies: 0

Seraphine Peacore and Mary Blanchard Peacore

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 12:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peacore (Pecor, Picard, etc.), Blanchard, Richards
I am looking to find information on Seraphine Peacore (Many variations for the last name.). I first find him in Chippewa County where he marries Maria Blanchard on January 5, 1865 in a civil ceremony. April 23, 1865 there is a re-validation ceremony of their marriage in the Catholic Church. The 1870 Fed. census has them living in Eagle Point. He is listed as Joseph Pecor. the 1880 Fed. census has him listed as Seraphat Pekard living in Eagle Point. 1887-1893 I find Seraphine and his family on the Indian census rolls. The tribe is listed as Ojibwe in some and Chippewa in others. He was born in Canada circa 1841. Using birth records on Familysearch and census records I figure he and Mary had 13 kids. I last find them in 1893 in the Indian census rolls, but I am not sure where in Wisconsin they are. I need to find if they died in Chippewa County, and when. My husband is descended from their daughter Mary Elizabeth "Nellie" Peacore Richards. Thanks.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions