Search for content in message boards

family of Archibald Skelly and the Varner sisters, early 20th cent. in Wisc. and British Columbia

Replies: 0

family of Archibald Skelly and the Varner sisters, early 20th cent. in Wisc. and British Columbia

Posted: 2 Nov 2013 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on the families of Archibald SKELLY and his two wives: Nellie M. VARNER and her sister, Josephine VARNER.

Archibald SKELLY was apparently born in Grenville, Quebec, CANADA in 1873, married Nellie VARNER in 1897 in Chippawa Co., Wisc. In 1897; married Josephine VARNER in1902 (after Nellie died) in Chippawa Co., Wisc. Archibald died in New Westminster, British Columbia in 1950.

Archibald and Nellie had three children:

(1) Glen Daniel Skelly, b. 1897 in Wisc.; d. 1981 in Prince George, British Columbia. Glen married Alberta Gertrude Hall in 1934 in New Westminster. Who were the parents of Alberta? When and where was she born, and when did she die? Would also like to know where Glen Daniel and Alberta are buried.

(2) Alta C. Skelly, b. 1899 in Wisc.; d. 1899 in Wisc. Where is Alta buried?

(3) Lyla Lanora Skelly, b. 1900 in Wisc.; d. 1971 in New Westminster, British Columbia. Lyla Lanora married Nelson Allen Craig in 1923 in Vancouver. Nelson has served in the WWI Canadian Expeditionary Force. He was born in 1896 and died in 1946. Nelson is buried in the Mountain View Cemetery, but where is Lyla buried? Did they have any children?

Nellie Varner Skelly died in 1900 in Chippewa Co., Wisc. Where is she buried?

Archibald married Nellie's sister, Josephine Varner in 1903 and had 6 children with her.

(1) Alex (Alexander) Harold Skelly, b. 1905 in Wisc.; d. 1966 in Vancouver, British Columbia. The death date is based on a grave in the Mountain View Cemetery. Did Alex ever marry? If so, who was his wife and did they have any children?

(2) Vernon A. Skelly, b. 1905 in Wisc.; d. 1911 in Wisc. (death date may be in error). Since Archibald and his family moved to Canada in 1906, I question the death date and place, but..........

(3) Gace Elizabeth Skelly, b. 1906 in British Columbia; d. 1979 in New Westminster, British Columbia. The death date is based on the British Columbia death records and suggests that she may not have married. But where is she burried?

(4) Floyd William “Bud” Skelly, b. 1909 in British Columbia; d. 1986 in New Westminster, British Columbia. Married someone by the name of Margaret (last name unknown). Did Floyd William and Margaret have any children? Where is Floyd William buried? When did Margaret die and where is she buried?

(5) Zilda May Skelly, b. 1910 in British Columbia; d. 1984 in New Westminster, British Columbia. I think that Zilda May married someone by the surname of MCDILL and had at least two sons: Bryon McDill and Malcolm McDill, but I know nothing about them. What was the given name of Zilda's husband and when and where was he born and when and where did he die? Where are they buried?

(6) Raymond Skelly, b. 1912 in British Columbia; d. unknown (Not certain Raymond is a son of Archibald). May have been active in British Columbia politics. When and where did Raymond die? Did he have a wife and family? Where is he buried?

Josephine Varner Skelly died in 1912 in New Westminster, British Columbia. Where is she buried?

Archibald Skelly died in 1950 in New Westminster, British Columbia. Did he remarry again after Josephine died? Where is he buried.

Nellie and Joseph Varner would have been my 3rd cousins, once removed, both being 2 X great granddaughters of Alexander NEGLEY (1734-1809) of Pittsburgh, PA. Their children would have been my 4th cousins. I am trying to trace the descendants of Alexander Negley. My progress thus far can be seen at WILLIAMMULLER at Ancestry.com.

Willing to share information.

Bill Muller
muller1938@gmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions