ISO someone to do look-ups for me.....

Replies: 7

Re: Thwing marriage

Melissa Vavra-Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2001 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thwing,Scovel,Williams,McHone,Ehlert,Dimler,Stowe,Fay,Smith
THANK YOU!!!!!

I know the children of this marriage, and I know their spouses and childrens' names as well .... but what I do not have are dates for most of that. I will post what I have here...who knows, it might help someone else too!

WILLIAMETT E and CLARA (SCOVEL) THWING had 7 children: David A "Dave", Ruth, Ethelbert Ralph "Ralph", Myron D, Henry, Bernice and Rufus.

Dave married Flossie R Williams, daughter of Jesse D & Mary Jane (McHone) Williams on 8Nov1922 (location unknown, but most likely in Clark County). They had 4 children: 2 died in infancy (sexes and dates unknown), and a son Jesse and a daughter Elsie. I have NOTHING on Elsie, but Jesse died in 1999, according to his cousin Leland.

Ruth married Otis Stowe, son of William Fremont Stowe and his wife Abigail. (William Fremont Stowe was the son of Sumner Eames Stowe and Nancy Lewis (Fay).) Ruth and Otis had 4 children - Clara, Lawrence, Melvin, Harold. Lawrence was killed in WWII - 4May1945. Melvin died 45 years later on the same day - 4May1990. Harold died in 1997. It is unknown what happened to Clara...

Ethelbert "Ralph" hated his given name so much that he never used it....he had his name changed at some point to Ralph Elthelbert. He was never married and had no children. Born 17Jan1897 in Columbia County, WI...died 11Jun1981 in Neillsville, Clark County, WI at the age of 84. He was a WWI veteran.

Myron married Iva Ethel Dimler on 3May1930....probably in Clark County. They were the parents of 3 children - Delmar, Arlene and Elaine. Myron was born in march of 1899 and died in 1959. He and Iva are buried in Greenwood Cemetery in Greenwood, Clark County, WI. Delmar and his wife Nancy live in FL. I have no further information on his sisters at this time.

Henry was born 28Jul1902. He married a widow with 6 children in 1945 in Clintonville, WI (according to his nephew Leland.). I have no further information on her or her children at this time. Henry died in March of 1984.

Bernice married Albert Ehlert, son of Karl and Fredricka (Zumnecht) Ehlert on 24Sep1924 in Loyal, Clark County. Bernice was born 4Nov1904. She and Albert had 5 children - Leland, Clyde, Genevieve, Dale and May Jane. Dale and May Jane died shortly after their births, and are buried in Greenwood Cemetery, Greenwood, Clark County. Leland is a bachelor that lives in Clark County. Clyde and his wife Rosina have 2 homes - main residence in Rock County, WI and a "winter home" in SC. Clyde and Rosina have 4 sons and 4 daughters. Genevieve married Fred Smith. They had one daughter, Kathleen. Fred and Genevieve have both passed. Kathleen is married with 2 daughters.

Rufus was a bachelor. He was born 14Feb1889 in Clark County. He spent most of his adult life in South Dakota, and died there in Britton, SD on 23Sep1982 at the age of 93.

That is all I have at this time.......if you are researching this clan, contact me......I would love to be able to fill in the blanks.......

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MelVavJack 4 Dec 2001 6:27AM GMT 
Terry Foss 28 Dec 2001 9:31PM GMT 
Melissa Vavra-Jackson 29 Dec 2001 1:23AM GMT 
hribar_1 26 Feb 2002 2:04AM GMT 
Mel_Pel 26 Feb 2002 5:21AM GMT 
beaconlight 23 Jan 2005 3:33AM GMT 
airrikweaver 26 Oct 2012 10:39PM GMT 
tmkeeps05 30 Oct 2012 3:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions