Search for content in message boards

Moses and Eliza (Smith) Bass

Replies: 1

Re: Moses and Eliza (Smith) Bass

Posted: 8 May 2012 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Eliza was born 25 Dec 1853 and passed away 24 Feb 1930. Moses was born 8 Nov 1843 and passed away 20 Aug 1937. This information is from a transcript of the Pardeeville Cemetery where they are both buried. I did do a search for them on Findagrave.com and neither of them have a memorial listed in Pardeeville Cemetery. I don't know if you know about that site, but it can have a wealth of information on it and it's free.

The following is an article in Wisconsin State Journal published Saturday 21 Aug 1937.....
Niece Forces Way Into House, Finds Old Farmer Dead
Portage--Moses Bass, 89?, retired Pardeeville farmer, was found dead on a cot in his home in that village Friday by a niece Mrs. John Hamilton, who had stopped at the house to see him. She forced entrance into the dwelling where her uncle had been living alone since the death of his wife six years ago. Death was blamed on natural causes.

I'm sorry I didn't/haven't found obituaries on either of them. Hope this helps some. Good luck and happy hunting.
Michelle
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
simpty01 8 May 2012 1:14AM GMT 
QTPIE97173 8 May 2012 11:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions