Search for content in message boards

SEARCHING FOR JENSEN DESCENDENTS OF JENS JENSEN KJAR & MAREN M CHRISTENDATTER - DENMARK TO WISCONSIN, LATE 1800s

Replies: 0

SEARCHING FOR JENSEN DESCENDENTS OF JENS JENSEN KJAR & MAREN M CHRISTENDATTER - DENMARK TO WISCONSIN, LATE 1800s

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jun 2013 7:29AM GMT
Surnames: JENSEN
I am searching for descendents of Jens Jensen Kjar & Maren M Christendatter, who lived in Denmark. Their children were Ane Johanna (1838-1916), Andreas (1848-1916), and Nels Christian (1859-1914). There is also one son of a name I don't know. He may have been an infant that died. Andreas was my great grandfather. After my Andreas and many of his family members arrived in the US in the 1880s, the Kjar part of their name was dropped, and it just became JENSEN. They settled in Wisconsin, primarily Columbia County. Andreas (who became Andrew once in the US) was married to Anna Kathrina Madsen. They had 13 children that lived into adulthood. The youngest son, Theodore (1897-1984) was my grandfather. Other brothers and sisters were Jens Martinus (Jim), Niels Anton, Ane Kristine, Ane Margaret, Jensina Marie, Jens Christian, Martin, John Elinus, Caroline, Hannah, Nels Peter, and Dagmar Andrea.
If anyone is an descendent of any of the above, please contact me! I have found a lot of information, but have more gaps than I want. Thanks so much! TJensen

Find a board about a specific topic