Search for content in message boards

Flesche and Lerum Families at Spring Prairie Church

Replies: 9

Re: Flesche and Lerum Families at Spring Prairie Church

Posted: 31 May 2013 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi.
I'm sorry i wrote in Norwegian. I hoped you had a translating program on your pc.My English is far from perfect!But i hope you understand.
I'm not Kiki. My name is Ragnhild Tveit.
I wrote that Ole and Erik Flesche were my great-grandfathers uncles.They tried to work as teatchers here in Sogn,but they could not live of the earnings,- therefor they emigrated to America.Norway was a very poor country than,and there were many children in the families.
They came from Balestrand(Balholm) - a beautiful little place in Sogn, West Norway, by the Sognefjord.
Many from my family are/were teatchers.In older days that included to be "church-singer"(before they got organs in the churches, and later cantor(or playing organ)
The brother of Ole and Erik,Hans O.Flesche were a very respected man in the community. Teatcher,bankman and he had a little farm!
We don't have many pictures from the 1800-hundreds, but one of Hans O. born in 1805. Also one of Hans H.(my great grandfather)with his wife Kristina and their 8 oldest children.They got 2 more!
Hans H. was a teatcher ++,Kristina midwife.
The little girl on her mothers knee is my grandmother Ragna(1884-1967)She married Olav Tveit.Surprise! he was a teather ,and maire(?)here. The picture from 1885
I'm a retired nurse,and lives in Leikanger,the nabouring "city"
I don't know much about the American Flesche family. so it was very fun too find this site.
Ragnhild Tveit, ragtveit@gmail.com
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jacqueline Ra... 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
dlerum 21 Mar 2005 10:25PM GMT 
lauraberghoff 6 May 2010 2:44AM GMT 
DonKluge17 24 May 2010 6:33PM GMT 
Jamesrivergen... 7 Sep 2011 1:38PM GMT 
loehlert 7 Sep 2011 1:54PM GMT 
Jacqueline Ra... 20 Oct 2011 4:32AM GMT 
ragtveit 12 May 2013 6:43PM GMT 
Jacqueline Ra... 31 May 2013 6:33AM GMT 
ragtveit 31 May 2013 11:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions