Search for content in message boards

John Lawler of P. de C.

Replies: 4

Re: John Lawler of P. de C.

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 10:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lawler, Gibbs, Doran, Keys, Fennell
My line is Catherine (Lawler) Doran, abt 1792-abt 1871 Iowa. She married Michael Doran and had children Bridget (m.Keys), Edward, Ann (m? Fennell), Mary, and Catherine (m. John Gibbs.)
I believe she is related to John Lawler of Prairie du Chien based on a family document, which states "John Lawler, original owner of Pass, Queen's County, Ireland, was the father of a number of children among whom were Catherine and Patrick. Patrick was a member of Parliament for Queen's County Ireland and was the father of John Lawler who married Ann Dunn of Mt. Rath, Queen's County. Soon after their marriage they came to America and settled at P. de C. Catherine Lawler, sister of Patrick and aunt of John, who settled at P. de C., married Michael Doran of Cashel, Queen's County, and was the grandmother of Mrs. H. T. Wimber." {Handwritten note, unknown author, in possession of researcher S. B. Fitting}
In a letter dated 13 March 1941 to Maud (Wimber) Baker, Mary (Gibbs) McGary wrote "L.M. stands for Louis Moore, he was grandfather Doran's uncle, he never married. In that way whatever he possessed went to his sister, Bridget Moore Doran, and she was grandfather Michael Doran's mother... Bridget Moore Doran was Grandma Lawler Doran's mother-in-law and she was your mother's and my Grandmother. The Lawlers are the ones that had the wealth. You will remember how Aunt Anne always felt so proud. Mother [Catherine Doran Gibbs] used to say, 'because she was Miss Anne in Ireland. I don't think that does a person much good in America'." {Handwritten letter, original in possession of researcher, S. B. Fitting}
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
stbfitting 28 Aug 2002 3:24PM GMT 
jc33b 7 Apr 2012 2:55AM GMT 
stbfitting 29 Apr 2012 4:19PM GMT 
jc33b 30 Apr 2012 3:45AM GMT 
jc33b 30 Apr 2012 12:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions