Search for content in message boards

GAYS MILLS, WI LUCINDA FISHER, JACKSON, HOFFMAN

Replies: 3

GAYS MILLS, WI LUCINDA FISHER, JACKSON, HOFFMAN

Posted: 10 Apr 2004 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FISHER, ROBINSON/ROBISON, JACKSON, HOFFMAN, WRIGHT, HINES
My GG Grandmother Lucinda ??? lived in Gays Mills abt 1881 until her death March 10, 1897 in Gays Mills.
She was born in NY 1824 We do not know her maiden name
She was married at abt age 17 in NY.
Her first husband was a Mr Fisher b. NY

Lucinda died March 10, 1897 & is buried in the cemetery in Gays Mills
She has two markers: One is a marker which shows her as Lucinda Jackson This is next to the gravesite of her son Ed (Edmond) Jackson & his wife Hattie. Next to her grave is the grave of Charles Fisher Co.B 41 A-Cav. (we do not know if this was her first husband or not)

Nearby there is a marker erected by her children from her marriage to Mr Fisher in memory of their mother.

She had 5 children with Mr Fisher: Joel b NY <1840,>
My G Grandmother Phoebe b NY 1843, Mary b NY 1845,
Charles b. MI 1848 & Elvira b IA 1855

Abt. 1858 she married a Mr Robinson/Robison in IA and the 1860 census shows that she was no longer married to him and was head of household (no children with him)

1863 she married James Jackson - age 58 in Buchanan CO, IA & in 1865 they had a son Edmond F. Jackson

1870 Buchanan C, IA Census shows she was either a widow or divorced and was head of house. What happened to James Jackson??

My Grandfather Frances (Frank) Hines was b 1877 IA He was the son of Lucinda's daughter Phoebe Fisher b 1873 NY and Thales Hines. Phoebe & Thales also had a son Henry b 1875 IA

Pheobe's first marriage was to John Wright & they had a daughter Rosie b 1871 Independence IA. John died of war wounds and Phoebe married Thales.

Phoebe died 1879 either enroute to Gays Mills or enroute back to IA from Gays Mills. We do not know where she is buried. The 3 children were split up and Frances was taken to live with his Grandmother Lucinda in Gays Mills.

Frances lived with his Grandmother Lucinda in Gays Mills from the time he was abt 18 months old until abt 1887 when Lucinda died & he went back to IA to live with his father Thales. During that time Lucinda was married to Wm Hoffman. We believe he was from IA

Looking for info on Lucinda - What was her maiden name & where did she live in Gays Mills? Did Phoebe live in Gays Mills?

I have old pix of Lucinda & Wm Hoffman with my Grandfather when he was abt 3- 4 yrs old circa 1881 - Was there a photo studio in Gays Mills at that time?

I'm happy to share info.as the search continues to complete the puzzle.

Please email me direct sarsom@mninter.net or write to
Sara Hayes Sommer
110 West 49th St
Minneapolis, MN 55409

Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sarasommer 10 Apr 2004 7:41AM GMT 
DTAFT 11 Apr 2004 12:43AM GMT 
DTAFT 16 Apr 2004 1:12AM GMT 
drushoemaker 13 Jan 2013 2:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic