Search for content in message boards

Podell Name

Replies: 2

Re: Podell Name

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Premo, Podell, McLaughlin
I am not a descendant or related to this family, but hoping to help you out.
Obit for Verona M. Podell
Capital Times, Madison,WI July 13, 1994
Verona died at age 92 on Tuesday, July 12, 1994 at a local hospital. She was born on July 18, 1901 in Coloma, (Waushara County), Wisconsin, the daughter of Edward and Oliva Premo. She was married to Arthur L. Podell in Rockford, Illinois. A member of Bashford Methodist Church. Survived by three daughters: Elaine McClamroch of Lfayette, Indiana, Jean (Robert) Sims of Rutledge, Tennessee and Nancy Nail of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Preceded in death by her parents, husband and a brother, Russell. Buried in Roselawn Cemetery, Madison, WI.
The 1910 census for Coloma, Waushara Co., WI
Edward, head, age 38 born in New York, married one time for 15 years. Father born in Canada and mother born in New Yrk.
Mother listed as Lovie, age 36, born in Wisconsin father born Maine and mother born Wisconsin. Mother of two children. Russell A., son, age 11, born in Wisconsin and Verona, daughter, age 1, born in Wisconsin.
I will send some more census records. Lovie and Olive are one and the same. Her maiden name is McLaughlin. In 1920 her parents are residing with them in Coloma. JameWis McLaughlan is age 72 born in Maine, father born New Hampshire and mother born in Maine. Jane McLaughlan age 67 was born in 1853 in Wisconsin, father born in New York and mother in Pennsylvania.
Obit for Arthur L. Podell
Wisconsin State Journal, Madison, WI Jan 20, 1970
Arthur L. Podell of 110 N 6th St, Madison, died on Jan. 19, 1970. (It states he was born in Lawrence but does not list a state or town. I will need to check that out.) He has been a resident of Madison for 50 years and was a conductor on the North Western Railroad Co. where he was employed for 48 years. He retired in 1965.
A member of Bashford Methodist Church.
Survived by wife, Verona, son, William of Madison, and three daughters: Mrs. Paul McClamroch of Marion, Indiana; Mrs. Robert Sims of Waukesha, Wisconsin and Mrs. Merwin Mellor of Lacrosse, Wisconsin; one brother, Harvey of Madison. Three sisters: Mrs. Ella Roberts, Mrs. Lillian Schmelzer and Mrs. Esther Brown, all of Madison; 16 grandchildren and 1 great, great grandchild. Buried at Roselawn Cemetery, Madison, Wisconsin.
Please let me know if you would like more information and I will check into it.
Also, you may prefer to e-mail me: marana@tds.net.
Hope this has been of some help and glad to assist you.
Sandie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RobPodell 14 Jun 2013 3:49PM GMT 
jbear1198 14 Jun 2013 5:53PM GMT 
SANDRA K WEBE... 15 Jun 2013 12:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions