Search for content in message boards

Edgar James Noé, b. 14 Aug 1884; d. 12 Dec 1908 - Son of Walter C. and Jesse Bartlett Noé, Madison, Wis.

Replies: 0

Edgar James Noé, b. 14 Aug 1884; d. 12 Dec 1908 - Son of Walter C. and Jesse Bartlett Noé, Madison, Wis.

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 7:48AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Noé, Noe, Bartlett, Ogden
In researching a line of my family tree, I came across a printed obituary for Edgar James Noe (spelled Noé, with the accent aigu over the "e" of his last name on his grave marker - and on the grave markers of his parents.) In case others are researching this family line following is the transcription of the death notice I found for him.

From: Electrical Review and Western Electrician [journal], Chicago: Electrical Review Publishing Co., January 2, 1909, Volume 54, Number 1, Page 48, Column 2

From: Google Books, TinyURL link: http://tinyurl.com/nyxpk9a

Transcriber: J. E. DeLauche, 1 Oct 2013

Obituary

MR. E. J. NOE, an experimental engineer in the employ of the General Electric Company, while engaged in some locomotive tests, at Schenectady, received a fatal shock from a wire charged with 13,000 volts. Artificial respiration and the services of several physicians, who were immediately called, did not avail to revive the victim of the high-voltage shock. Mr. Noe was twenty-four years of age. His home was at Madison, Wis.
+++

His parents: Walter Cassels Noé (1852-1914) and Jesse Bartlett Noé (1855-1939, her parents: Hannah M. Ogden & Seth K. Bartlett), both deceased and buried at Forest Hill Cemetery, Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin

I am related to Jesse Bartlett Noé through her Ogden family line.

Best wishes

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions