Re: Looking for an obit please
jamberleaschmitt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2013 8:18AM
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2013 8:21AM
I think you'll be pleased with her obit, if she was a brick wall:

Wisconsin State Journal, Monday, May 3, 1982:
"Fiedler, Mrs. Alyce C.
MADISON/LA CROSSE - Mrs. Alyce C. Fiedler, age 63, of 5806 Driftwood Avenue, died on Saturday, May 1, 1982, at a local hospital. She was born on December 22, 1918, in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and was a graduate of the Chippewa Falls High School. She was the former Alyce C. Hanson, and married Harold L. Fiedler on May 1, 1954, in Madison. She was a Milwaukee resident until 1960, when she moved to LaCrosse. In 1970 she moved to Green Bay, and had been a Madison resident since 1972. She was a member of the English Lutheran Church of LaCrosse, and a former president of the American Lutheran Church Women and the United Churchwomen of Wisconsin. Survivors include her husband, Harold L.; three daughters, Harriet Miller and Cheryl Smith, both of Onalaska, Wisconsin, and Judith McCormick of Milwaukee; one son, Bruce McCormick of Hartland, Wisconsin; a step-son, Wayne Fiedler of Palatine, Illinois; one brother, Severin Westlund of Eau Claire; and eight grandchildren. There will be a visitation at the CRESS FUNERAL HOME, 3610 Speedway Road, on Monday, May 3, 1982, from 5-8 p.m. Funeral services will be held at the ENGLISH LUTHERAN CHURCH, 1601 Cass Street, La Crosse, on Wednesday, May 5, 1982, at 1:30 p.,. Reverend Stefan Guttormsson will officiate with burial in the Onalaska Cemetery. The family suggests that, in lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the English Lutheran Church of LaCrosse or the American Cancer Society. There will be a visitation at the SLETTIN-MCKEE-HANSON FUNERAL HOME, 605 West Avenue South, LaCrosse, on Tuesday, May 4, from 5-9p.m."

Let me know your email address and I can send you a PDF of the obituary.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sandymcclay 8 Dec 2013 5:12AM GMT 
DebiBar 8 Dec 2013 4:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions