Search for content in message boards

from Mayville WI area

Replies: 7

Re: from Mayville WI area

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 6:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Langenbach, Quast
I am still trying to discover a relationship, if there is one, between John Langenbach (b. 1830 to Elizabeth Quast and Johann Langenbach, and married into the Hustings family in WI) and John Jakob Langenbach (b. 1835 to Elizabth Quast and Mattheis Langenbach and married Emilie Louise Franke). John Jakob immigrated from Prussia in 1851 or '52. John immigrated a few years earlier than this. Both John Jakob's and John's mothers have the name Elizabeth Quast. I suspect that they were cousins or aunt and niece and that John Jakob and John are also cousins or nephew and uncle. There seem to be too many coincidences for there to not be family relationships between the earlier and later Quasts and the earlier and later Langenbachs. Furthermore, of all of the places in the U.S. for John Jakob to settle, he chose Mayville WI, only a few miles from Theresa. At one time John own a hotel and John Jakob owned a saloon. At another time, John Jakob opened the California Hotel in Mayville. Thus, their career directions were even similar (which was also the career direction of John Jakob's father, Mattheis back in Germany). I would truly love to hear from anyone who can throw some light on all of this. What I'm really trying to find is the town in Germany from whence John Jakob emmigrated. Thanks, John Oliver Langenbach
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Annette Klieforth 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
chrismiasnik 14 Nov 2002 11:45AM GMT 
John Langenbach 26 Aug 2005 11:56AM GMT 
DebbiDoodles 29 Jun 2007 6:20AM GMT 
johnlangenbac... 22 Jul 2009 12:12PM GMT 
johnlangenbac... 30 Aug 2009 2:44PM GMT 
liliane136 15 Sep 2011 1:37AM GMT 
liliane136 26 Nov 2012 3:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions