Search for content in message boards

death rfecords

Replies: 3

Re: death rfecords

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 11:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have looked at the prior post answers to this, they are good suggestions, but, the dodge/jefferson historical society has nothing on dodge county. the WI historical society might have some depending on the year. I am currently out and about looking for records myself. I feel I can sum this up real well for you, all vital, marriage and death records are housed at the administration building in Juneau WI. If the record you are looking for is before 1870 you will not find it as there was a fire and ALL records where lost in that fire. You will need the office of Register of Deeds for these records. Any Wills are housed at the courthouse, in the Probate court. I know these two answers are correct as I have just paid for my 3x great grand mothers death certificate and went to the courthouse for her will. Hope this helps you. If you are in the area the Register of Deed office does allow geneologist in the records room and they explain how it works. They have index books that help find the name and tells you what book to find the record in. If you like looking at old records this is great. Copies do cost 20.00 just so you know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MargaretGeiss... 22 May 2012 9:42PM GMT 
wildduck7 23 May 2012 6:56AM GMT 
ljnoll1 23 May 2012 2:03PM GMT 
wglauer24 25 Jun 2012 5:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions