Search for content in message boards

Parents of Philip Seuser (b. 1855, Lowell, Dodge Co., WI)

Replies: 3

Parents of Philip Seuser (b. 1855, Lowell, Dodge Co., WI)

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seuser, Hunter
I am trying to locate information on the parents of Philip Jules Seuser (aka Philip Seuser, Phillip Seuser, Philip J. Seuser, Phillip J. Seuser).

Philip was born in Lowell, Dodge County, Wisconsin, in 1855 (perhaps October of that year). He grew up in Wisconsin. Married Mary Elizabeth Hunter (1859-1948) on February 16, 1880, in Rochester, Minnesota. After which they moved to Grove Township, Worth County, Iowa. They later moved to Freeborn County, Minnesota for only 3 years and then moved back to Worth County, Iowa and lived there for 20+ years.

Supposedly he later moved to Hill County, Montana (he and Mary did have a son, Victor, who moved there) where he eventually died. However, Mary died (and is buried) in Worth County (in the town of Northwood), Iowa and I have found no evidence of a divorce so I'm not sure if the Montana information is accurate. On every census Philip listed that both his parents were born in Germany. Family oral tradition also is that his parents came here from Germany.

I have found lots of records of Seuser's in Dodge County, WI but have never been able to connect Philip to any of them.

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dixonology 7 Nov 2012 4:09AM GMT 
barbdale_1 8 Nov 2012 4:32AM GMT 
barbdale_1 8 Nov 2012 5:41AM GMT 
dixonology 26 Nov 2012 3:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions