Search for content in message boards

Obit or Newspaper Article - Death of Jane Daniel

Replies: 1

Obit or Newspaper Article - Death of Jane Daniel

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 8:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daniel, Daniels
There appears to be a lack of volunteer look-ups in the area of Dodge and Columbia Counties. I am desperately attempting to locate the following items regarding my ggg grandmother, Jane Daniel, mother of prominent local Welsh Calvinistic Minister John R. Daniel. Her headstone in the Blaen y Cae Cemtery (Engedi) reveals that she died on 13 October 1872. I have been unable to locate any kind of death certificate through the State of Wisconsin. Since Jane was the mother of a prominent local clergyman, and her husband John also was prominent in the local churches, I was hoping there may be an article noting her passing and/or an obituary that may have appeared in the local papers of the times. If anyone in the area of Dodge County or Columbia County would be willing to check any microfilmed newspapers at any of the local libraries, it would save me a trip of about 100 miles. I wonder too if there is anyone in that area who does regular research at the local Register of Deeds office who may be able to check the death records to ascertain if there is in fact a local death certificate for Jane Daniel. She was living with her son, John Robert Daniel, in Fox Lake Township near the time of her death. For the record, although we go by the surname Daniel, it could also be recorded as Daniels. Please advise.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
swjbadge25 16 Jun 2013 2:15PM GMT 
pptree1 28 Jan 2014 4:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions