Search for content in message boards

Need help finding ROSS family

Replies: 4

Need help finding ROSS family

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 6:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ross
Hi,

I'm teaching a beginning genealogy class at a local community college and one of my students has a very unique situation that I need help with. She has very little information to go on about her father's family. Any and all help in this county will be appreciated!

We are looking for:

Lee R. (Roy) Ross Sr.
wife, Vera Modelle Bronson

In the 1930 census, she found out that Lee Ross was 39, wife Vera was 34 and they were living with Vera's mom, Modelle, who was 53 and their son, her dad, Lee R. Ross Jr. who was 10.

We are looking for Death dates/obits for Lee Sr., Vera and Modelle. She believes that Lee and Modelle died before 1948, when she was born and that Vera died when she was 2, about 1951-52.

Are there cemetery books for Douglas County that any one can check? She has no idea where they could be buried.

To her knowledge, Lee SR. didn't have any other kids. Whether he had any brothers or sisters, she doesn't know. She remembers being told that Lee either owned or worked in a hardware store and that Modelle was a china painter.

I want to thank everyone in advance for their help.!

Katie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thekid186 18 Mar 2008 12:32PM GMT 
kirchie 18 Mar 2008 9:21PM GMT 
kirchie 18 Mar 2008 9:50PM GMT 
susan16581 20 Mar 2008 3:26AM GMT 
majfam 3 Aug 2013 7:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions