Search for content in message boards

Halvor G. WIGEN

Replies: 13

Re: Halvor G. WIGEN

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 9:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks to whomever you folks are who posted this information.
My paternal grandmother was Myrtle WEIGEN (as she spelled it) born in Dunn County Wisconsin in 1898. I searched for her parents under WEIGEN and found nothing. Today in desperation I put in the name of her one sibling I remember - Gerhard Weigen - and his information came back Gerhard WEGAN. All the other information fit so I assumed it was from my ancestry. One thing led to another and I discovered that Simon WEGAN was my great grandfather and eventually that led to Halvor who was naturalized in the United States on January 5, 1870. My quest has been to find out where my ancestors originated. Now I know all four sets ...Vigen Norway (not sure where that info came from but I'm glad you had it), Frosta Norway (dad's dad)....Zlotow Poland (mom's mom's side) and Mlada Boleslav Czech Republic (mom's dad's side). Do any of you have any idea from which port the WEGAN's sailed to the United States? My great grandpa Simon was born in norway in 1865 and Halvor was naturalized in Wisconsin in 1870 so that narrows it down a bit. Thanks much.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tchris47 5 Feb 2008 5:11PM GMT 
CraigFaanes 25 Mar 2013 3:07PM GMT 
Marco Scavo 16 May 2013 4:54PM GMT 
lencripps 10 Nov 2013 8:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions