Search for content in message boards

Laura Larson

Replies: 4

Re: Laura Larson

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: St. George
I had actually located a lengthy article online for the St. George family last night. I added a profile for her at Brooklawn Cemetery for Find A Grave, but I'm not certain that she is buried there. Peter is, according to the Chippewa County Cemetery Index.

The article is listed below... How horrible :(
Sandi

Murder and Suicide at Cadott
Eau Claire News | Eau Claire, Wisconsin | Monday, December 22, 1890

On Saturday, the 13th, inst., Mrs. Peter St. George, of Cadott, was found hanging dead from a clothes-line in the barn, and her husband was about loudly bewailing her "suicide," as he termed it. Marks about her head and face showed plainly, however, that she had been killed before being suspended, and the officers kept a close watch on St. George, who evidently became alarmed and cut his throat from ear to ear, his body being found Monday night in his bedroom after life was extinct.

The coroner's jury found in accordance with the facts stated above. The little six-year-old daughter of the couple said her father and mother quarreled before daylight Sunday morning, and that her father struck and choked her mother and then dragged her out.

St. George was an old soldier, and Mrs. St. George was about 35 years his junior. They have resided at Cadott about a year and are known to have had considerable trouble for some time.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gbraze1 1 Feb 2011 3:18PM GMT 
barbdale_1 21 Mar 2011 6:27PM GMT 
gbraze1 22 Mar 2011 2:05AM GMT 
Amoreeena 14 Sep 2012 1:59AM GMT 
skaduce 13 Sep 2012 10:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions