Search for content in message boards

In Search of Ancestor's/Descendant's of Mittelstaedt/Wurl/Schukar/Grosskopf

Replies: 1

Re: In Search of Ancestor's/Descendant's of Mittelstaedt/Wurl/Schukar/Grosskopf

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHUKAR, MITTELSTAEDT, WURL, GROSSKOPF
Bonnie, I's sorry to have missed your message before now.
I don't have any Mittelstaedt info for you, but I can tell you about Henrietta SCHUKAR of Town Theresa, Dodge co., Wisconsin, one of the godparents of your twins. She was Henrietta Grawunder, born in Bernickow, Kr. Koenigsberg Neumark, Brandenburg. She and her husband Peter Schukar, and 3 children came to the US in 1852. The WURL name also appears in church records in Bernickow.
Have you looked at FamilySearch.org? The church books from Bernickow have been extracted so you can see the actual transcribed records. There will also be more info if you can look at microfilms of the records, available from familysearch.org.
I'm not finding a Wurl-Mittelstadt marriage in those Bernickow records at familysearch.org, but both of those surnames do appear in marriage and baptism records there, as does GROSSKOPF.
Perhaps by now you've found the information you were looking for. If not, I hope this is at least a little bit helpful

Mona
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
zmlaska 15 Apr 2006 2:14AM GMT 
Meadowlark40 16 Apr 2013 5:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions