Search for content in message boards

Michels

Replies: 2
Posted: 21 Sep 2007 1:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MICHELS, MITCHELL, BLAESER, PHILLIPSEN
I am looking for Joseph Michels( I know it was changed to Mitchell but he also could have changed it back)b.1819 in Calenborn, Germany. He married Magdalena Bleser and came to the US in 1868 with his children..Catherina, Johannes, Peter (settled in Raymond, Racine Cty. Wis.), Anna Maria, Marie Catherine(I believe she married John Wangerin), and another Catherina ?.I can only assume that Magdalena had died by then. I believe that Joseph's parents were Peter Michels and Catharina Phillipsen and that he had a brother Nicolas b. 1823. In the 1880 census, there is a Joseph Mitchell living in Washington, Eau Claire. Living with him is John b. 1854-55 in Prussia which matches the info I have for Johannes. However, Joseph's wife is listed as Sophia and there are 6 other children..is this a second wife who was a widow with children or is this the wrong Joseph????? Does anyone know anything about this family? I am searching for a needle in a haystack as he seems to disappear from the Franklin, Milwuakee County area sometime after 1870. In both the 1860 and 1870 I find him but none of his children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sbreslain 21 Sep 2007 7:33PM GMT 
SRyndersKopec 23 Aug 2008 5:40PM GMT 
bbyymichels 23 Oct 2013 1:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic